If you’re considering hiring remote staff for your business, consider the following pros and cons first.
Advantages to Hiring Remote Workers
- Costs: To be clear, it is possible to hire both domestic and foreign remote workers (and there are certainly pros and cons to each alternative). If you hire remote workers from developing countries, you’ll see the greatest cost savings in terms of hourly rates. But even if you hire remote workers from within your own country, you may still see some salary relief by hiring on an independent contractor basis (which minimizes your benefits and tax expenses) or by hiring remote workers from areas with lower costs of living
- Skillset access: Beyond the potential cost savings remote workers represent, hiring external employees may also give you access to skill sets that aren’t represented in your area. As an example, if you live in a rural community, your local employment pool may not have a good supply of digital media artists or developers using up-and-coming languages. Hiring remotely enables you to find the right people for your needs – no matter where on the planet they’re located.
- Time utilization: For most professionals, there’s something tremendously appealing about the idea of firing off a project request to an international worker and having the same task completed by the time they’re waking up for coffee in the morning. And indeed, when managed correctly, remote workers in different time zones can maximize your ability to ensure that productive work is occurring at all hours of the day – whether you’re at the office, at the gym, out to dinner or asleep in bed. Just be sure that, even if your remote workers operate during your time zone’s night hours, you’re able to communicate with these remote employees throughout your own work day!
Disadvantages to Working With Remote Staff Members
- Language barriers: If you choose to hire remote workers for whom your native language is a second language, be prepared to encounter at least a few challenges when it comes to translating project instructions across boundaries. Although foreign workers may be educated in basic English, they may not grasp the subtleties and complexities associated with U.S. slang or industry-specific business jargon.
- Internet-based miscommunications: Even if your remote employees speak perfect, fluent English, get ready to face yet another communications challenge – the trouble associated with giving instructions for Internet-based work. When interacting with in-person employees, you’re able to provide clarifications, examples and further details on your project-based expectations. When all of your communications occur via email or online video or Web chat, some of these explanations may be misunderstood, leading to project delays and/or extra costs.
- Turnover and training time: Finally, be aware that remote employees may lack the same level of buy-in as traditional employees. While it’s possible that you’ll find a worker who’s as dedicated to your success as you are, it’s much more likely that you’ll work primarily with short-term remote workers on a per-project basis. While this isn’t necessarily a bad thing (depending on your company’s needs), you’ll almost certainly encounter higher turnover and training costs while working with remote employees than you would by hiring a full-time alternative.
We at BITCS offers most reliable and proficient developers from around the globe, The most obvious cons related to Hiring of remote developers are never a blocker if you are hiring remote developers from us.
Got an Idea? just get started in a day. We don’t want to keep you waiting, neither do you want to wait. Hiring on-site developers if of course a fruitful decision, in the long run, that means you have to spend those extra dollars and time to find the right candidate to recruiting agencies, interviewing managers and then wait for some stipulated time while the person is serving the notice period. It doesn’t stop there all, if the person you invested so much gets an offer that’s more lucrative then he won’t even turn up for your offer. So you end up paying hefty charges and time and at the end, the failure rate is much higher than what we offer.
Get started now, Just pen down your Ideas/Project/Feature and requirements and we will serve you a platter with all.
Hire Top Developers in USA, London, Europe, Russia, Germany, France, Netherlands, Amsterdam, Asia, Singapore.